Details for Benchmark: KV2719
N 40° 35.900 W 075° 52.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- X 179
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.4 MI N FROM LENHARTSVILLE. 2.4 MILES NORTH ALONG THE READING RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LENHARTSVILLE, 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF THE STATION SHED AT GREENAWALD, SET IN THE SOUTHWEST QUARTER OF THE PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING, ABOUT 250 FEET NORTHWEST OF A LARGE 2-STORY WHITE FARM HOUSE, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE 2.5 FT X 2.5 FT CONCRETE BASE OF AN OLD CROSSING SIGN POST, 11.9 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 5.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE ROAD, 5.2 FEET NORTH OF THE FIRST POLE SOUTH OF THE CROSSING. A STANDARD DISK.
|11/14/1999 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.