Details for Benchmark: KV2722
N 40° 37.350 W 075° 51.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Z 179
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.2 MI S FROM KEMPTON. 0.2 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE READING RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT KEMPTON, ABOUT 0.15 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE WATER TANK, SET IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE SOUTHWEST ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE NO. 26-28, 10.7 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE BRIDGE SIGN POST, 9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK.
|11/14/1999 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.