Details for Benchmark: KV2723
N 40° 38.133 W 075° 51.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- A 190
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Dragon and Phoenix found KV2723
Found this benchmark in Trexler Pa. just off a rail line. THis place might have been Trexler Station when the benchmark was placed in 1942.
[Photos:]Trexler Pa. Benchmark: A190
Trexler Pa. Benchmark: A190 by: Dragon and Phoenix 6/17/2007
||mloser found KV2723
The mark was easy to find but the distances have all changed, except the distance from the tracks. It is much closer to the road too. THe small building was not the station.
[Photos:]KV2723 (A 190), Berks County, PA Disk
KV2723 (A 190), Berks County, PA Location
The shack. This looks like a crossing shanty, not a station. I think they moved the station from across the street from the mark about 1/4 mile away, where the train rides start.
||Ernmark found KV2723
Recovered in good condition - while I was there, a train on the old W.K.& S. line rolled past pulling 2 passenger cars...
[Photos:]A 190 (KV2723) disk - Trexler, PA
A 190 (KV2723) setting - Trexler, PA
A 190 (KV2723) area - view looking NNW
A 190 (KV2723) area - view looking S
A 190 (KV2723) crossing in use - looking E
A 190 (KV2723) crossing in use - another shot
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.8 MI N FROM KEMPTON. 0.8 MILE NORTH ALONG THE READING RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT KEMPTON, SET IN THE NORTHEAST QUARTER OF THE ROAD CROSSING AT TREXLER, 76.2 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH SIDE OF THE STATION SHED, 37 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE ROAD, 17.1 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE IRON MAIL CRANE, 16.1 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 2.6 FEET WEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 0.8 FOOT WEST OF A WHITE MARKER POST. A STANDARD DISK SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|11/14/1999 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.