Details for Benchmark: KV2795
N 40° 50.983 W 075° 36.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- P 361 PADH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||juanbob found KV2795
Another 2nd find. Thanks to Zhanna for clearing the majority of the gravel and crud off the mark for me. Still hard to get down in there without falling or being run over.
[Photos:]Benchmark - Carbon County, PA
||Zhanna found KV2795
Found this one this afternoon after locating two geocaches in the area. I was pretty sure which bridge I was looking for, but there wasn't a great spot to park, and I had to drive around for a while. Finally I found a suitable parking area up the road a bit, and I ran down to the bridge. Well, this one wasn't so easy! I knew where to look, but that area was covered with a whole lot of gravel and dirt. This was a very tricky spot in which to balance, and with the traffic whizzing by overhead it was somewhat unnerving. Still, I felt comfortable enough to take the time to dig out the mark -- it was under about an inch of gravel and, I discovered as I dug away at it, something black and greasy and filthy. Coordinates were not perfect, but with the excellent description they weren't really needed. I managed to take a few photos before sliding down the hill!
[Photos:]KV2795, Carbon County, PA
The view from my little hidey-hole ...
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
5.4 MI E FROM WEISSPORT. ABOUT 5.4 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 209 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 248 IN WEISSPORT, 16 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 31 FEET SOUTH OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 204, 100 FEET EAST OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF A SIDEROAD LEADING SOUTH, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST WINGWALL OF A BRIDGE AND IS ABOUT 1.5 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1969 by CGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.