Details for Benchmark: KV2826
N 40° 57.100 W 075° 59.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LUZERNE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- D 232 PADH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
0.6 MI SW FROM WEST HAZLETON. ABOUT 0.55 MILE SOUTH THENCE SOUTH WEST ALONG STATE HY. 924 FROM THE MINERS BANK IN WEST HAZLETON, ABOUT 100 YARDS SOUTH WEST OF A RAILROAD UNDERPASS, SET IN TOP CENTER OF THE SOUTH WINGWALL FOR THE SOUTH WEST ABUTMENT OF A 20 FOOT BRIDGE OVER A CREEK, 27 FEET SOUTH EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HY. 924, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
|1/1/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|1/1/1973 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1973
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.