Details for Benchmark: KV2875
N 40° 58.050 W 075° 07.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 362
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
2.0 MI SE FROM DELAWARE WATER GAP. 2.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 611 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT DELAWARE WATER GAP, AT A DELAWARE WATER GAP NATIONAL RECREATION AND ROAD SIDE PARK AREA, 93 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 9.0 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH ENTRANCE OF THE RECREATION AREA, 6.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 3-INCH MAPLE TREE, 16.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF ANOTHER 3-INCH MAPLE TREE, AND SET AT THE SOUTH END OF A GRASSY AREA. ROD DRIVEN TO REFUSAL.
|01/05/1995 by NJGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
THE STATION WAS SEARCHED FOR AND NOT RECOVERED AFTER A QUARTER HOUR SEARCH BY A TWO MAN PARTY. IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE ROADSIDE PARK SINCE THE LAST RECOVERY. THERE IS NO NORTH ENTRANCE TO THE PARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.