Details for Benchmark: KV2906
N 40° 41.283 W 075° 13.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NORTHAMPTON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Q 363
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
IN EASTON. 0.45 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG WALNUT AVENUE FROM THE CITY CENTER SQUARE AND MONUMENT, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A SPANISH AMERICAN WAR MONUMENT AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE LAWN OF THE COUNTY CITY BUILDING AND PRISON, 50 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH- WEST CORNER OF STEPS, 24 FEET SOUTHEAST OF LAWN RETAINING WALL, 20 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 36 INCH MAPLE TREE, 20 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FLAG POLE.
|12/9/1999 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.