Details for Benchmark: KV3364
N 40° 37.083 W 075° 26.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- J 371
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN ALLENTOWN. IN ALLLENTOWN 1.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG EAST HANOVER AVENUE FROM THE NORTHEAST END OF THE EAST HANOVER AVENUE OVERPASS BRIDGE OVER THE LEHIGH RIVER TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, AT THE WEST CORNER OF MAXWELL STREET, AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF HOUSE 1226, 35.7 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE AVENUE, 14.6 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE 64244, 547640 A16851, 8.9 FET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE STREET, 1.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE. THE MARK IS 1 FT ABOVE STREET.
|04/08/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|12/15/1999 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.