Details for Benchmark: KV3366
N 40° 36.483 W 075° 27.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- L 371
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN ALLENTOWN. IN ALLENTOWN, 0.1 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG EAST HANOVER AVENUE FROM THE NORTHEAST END OF THE EAST HANOVER AVENUE BRIDGE OVER THE LEHIGH RIVER TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, IN BEDROCK, 61.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF POWER POLE 547256 63819, 50.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE A29009 400-CP, 33 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF THE AVENUE, DIRECTLY ACROSS THE AVENUE FROM HOUSE NUMBER 214. THE MARK IS 1 FT SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 5 FT ABOVE AVENUD.
|04/08/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|12/15/1999 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values. The observed gravity was obtained from relative gravimeter ties to the IGSN71 gravity network.