Details for Benchmark: KV3368
N 40° 34.783 W 075° 28.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- N 371
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN ALLENTOWN. IN ALLENTOWN, 1.0 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG LEHIGH STREET FROM THE JUNCTION OF 8TH STREET, BESIDE THE BASE OF THE GUY WIRE OF POWER POLE 54 1/2 63045 546232, 3.25 MILES NORHHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF MAIN STREET AND CHESTNUT STREET IN EMMAUS, 60.3 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE PARKWAY CHURCH OF CHRIST, 37.9 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF LEHIGH STREET, 6 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE 54 1/2 63045 546232 WITH 3 TRANSFORMERS AND A STREET LIGHT, 1.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE BASE OF THE GUY WIRE OF THE POWER POLE. THE MARK IS 1 FT NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.