Details for Benchmark: KV3506
N 40° 11.300 W 074° 01.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- P 81
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN AVON. THE MARK IS 1 FT ABOVE STREET. IN AVON, 0.2 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG MAIN STREET (STATE ROUTE 71) FROM THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING, NEAR THE JUNCTION OF JEFFERSON AVENUE, SET AT THE NORTH CORNER OF THE SSORE AWNING CO., 40 MAIN STREET, 74 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWESTCURB OF JEFFERSON AVENUE, 24.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 3.7 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WHITE WODEN SLAT FENCE, 2.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE BUILDING.
|05/09/1989 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
IN AVON, NEAR THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 71, MAIN STREET, AND JEFFERSON AVENUE, SET AT THE NORTH CORNER OF THE SHORE AWNING COMPANY, 40 MAIN STREET, 22.56 M (74.02 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF JEFFERSON AVENUE, 7.38 M (24.21 FT) SOTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 1.13 M (3.71 FT) NORTHWEST OF A WHITE WOODEN FENCE AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE AWNING BUILDING. A PIPE DRIVEN 12.2 M AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE STATION IS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) BELOW TOP OF A PVC PIPE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.