Details for Benchmark: KV3507
N 40° 11.483 W 074° 01.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- V 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN AVON. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH GROUND. NOTE, THIS MARK WAS CONSIDERED DESTROYED THE MARK WAS FOUND AT THIS TIME IN GOOD CONDITION, A NEW DESCRIPTION IS NECESSARY TO REACH THIS MARK, IN AVON, 0.1 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE NEW YORK AND LONG BRANCH RAILROAD FROM THE AVON MUNICIPAL BUILDING TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, SET ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF A 6 FOOT HIGH CHAINLINK AROUND A HAND BALL COURT, 73.5 FEET SOUTH AND ACROSS THE TRACKS FROM MILE POST 30, 62 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER POST OF THE FENCE, 26.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTH BOUND TRACK, 4.9 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE FENCE. THE MARK IS 1 FT NW FROM A WITNESS POST.
|05/09/1989 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
THE STATION IS IN AVON, ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE NEW JERSEY TRANSIT RAILWAY LINE, ABOUT 100 M (328.1 FT) SOUTH OF THE AVON FIRE DEPARTMENT AND WEST OF A TENNIS COURT REBOUND WALL AT THE WESTERLY END OF WASHINGTON STREET. THE STATION IS 1.49 M (4.89 FT) WEST OF THE WEST FENCE OF THE TENNIS COURT, 8.0 M (26.2 FT) EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST SET OF TRACKS, 9.45 M (31.00 FT) NORTH OF POLE NUMBER 53027, 18.82 M (61.75 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE FENCE AND 22.19 M (72.80 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A WOODEN MILEPOST 30 FOR THE RAILROAD. THE STATION IS RECESSED 0.040 M (0.131 FT) .
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.