Details for Benchmark: KV3608
N 40° 33.779 W 075° 27.221 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- ALLENTOWN AIRWAY BEACON
- Marker Type:
- airway beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (PLB)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE AIRWAY BEACON LOCATED ABOUT 3 MILES S OF ALLENTOWN AND 1 MILE NE OF SUMMIT LAWN. IT IS ON THE W END OF LEHIGH MOUNTAIN. A 4-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED RED AND WHITE ABOUT 50 FEET HIGH. POINT OBSERVED UPON WAS THE ROTATING LIGHT.
|01/26/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.