Details for Benchmark: KV3614
N 40° 35.912 W 075° 25.204 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- ALLENTOWN TV STA WLEV MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (JCC)
THE STATION IS THE RED FLASHING LIGHT AT THE APEX OF THE TV STATION WLEV CHANNEL 51 MAST. LOCATED ON A HIGH PROMINENT HILL ABOUT 1.0 MILE EAST OF ALLENTOWN. THE STRUCTURE IS OF FOUR STEEL CHANNEL IRON LEGS, ABOUT 15 FOOT SQUARE AT THE BASE MOUNTED ON 2 BY 2 FOOT SQUARE CONCRETE PILLARS. THE STRUCTURE IS OF LACED STEEL WITH A POLE TYPE ANTENNA MOUNTED AT ITS APEX, AND IS PAINTED ALTERNATELY ORANGE AND WHITE. THE MAST IS APPROXIMATELY 130.0 FEET, THE POLE TYPE ANTENNA IS APPROXIMATELY 30.0 FEET, THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 160.0 FEET. NOTE AT THIS DATE THE STATION HAS BEEN ABANDONED AND IN THE NEAR FUTURE MAY BE DISMANTLED.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (LFS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN THE 1960 DESCRIPTION.
THIS STATION WAS FORMERLY KNOWN AS ALLENTOWN TV STATION WLEV MAST.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN- IN ALLENTOWN
|01/13/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.