Details for Benchmark: KV3627
N 40° 47.001 W 075° 24.622 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NORTHAMPTON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- PITTSBURGH NEW YORK AWY BCN 65
- Marker Type:
- airway beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS AIRWAY BEACON NO. 65 ON THE AIR ROUTE BETWEEN PITTSBURG, PA. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. THIS ROUTE IS DESIGNATED ON THE AIRWAY CHART AS GREEN AIRWAY NO. 3. THE BEACON IS ABOUT 5 MILES N OF THE TOWN OF BATH. IT IS A ROTATING BEACON OF THE STANDARD TYPE SUPPORTED BY A FOUR-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE. THE BEACON SHOWS A CLEAR LIGHT ON ONE SIDE AND RED ON THE OTHER. THERE ARE RED LIGHTS ON THE PLATFORM OF THE STRUCTURE THAT SHOW ALONG THE DIRECTION OF THE COURSE. THE CENTER OF THE CLEAR LIGHT WAS THE POINT OBSERVED UPON. THIS STATION WAS NOT VISITED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.