Details for Benchmark: KV3775
N 40° 25.385 W 075° 15.249 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BUCKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- QUAKERTOWN TOHICKON CH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE SPIRE OF THE TOHICKON CHURCH. IT IS ABOUT 5 MILES E OF QUAKERTOWN AND ABOUT 1/2 MILE SW OF THE CROSSROADS KNOWN LOCALLY AS ELEPHANT. THE CHURCH IS A YELLOW FRAME BUILDING WITH A SHINGLED ROOF, THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 40 FEET.
THE STATION WAS NOT VISITED.
|6/29/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.