Details for Benchmark: KV4074
N 40° 47.659 W 074° 00.913 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HUDSON county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- W NEW YORK ST MARYS CH E TOWER
- Marker Type:
- church cross
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932 (RWW)
THE EASTERLY OF TWIN TOWERS, W OF THE HUDSON RIVER, IN THE TOWN OF WEST NEW YORK ON THE NE CORNER OF JACKSON AND 22ND STREETS, ATOP THE ST. MARYS ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, RISING FROM THE NE CORNER OF THIS RED-TILE-ROOFED CHURCH BUILDING. IT IS AN OCTAGONAL TOWER HAVING A SQUARE BASE AND A DOMED ROOF.
THE STATION IS THE BASE OF THE GOLD CROSS AT THE TOWER-APEX, APPROXIMATELY 100 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.