Details for Benchmark: KV5148
N 40° 11.224 W 074° 02.425 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (PCD)
STATION IS THE TOP OF THE RED TILE ROOF ON TOP OF THE SE SQUARE TURRET OF THE SHARK RIVER HOTEL LOCATED AT THE SOUTHERLY END OF THE SHARK RIVER HILLS COMPANY, INCORPORATED, DEVELOPMENT.
THIS ROOF HAS NO ORNAMENTS AS HAS THE NE TURRET.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (CAS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
|07/22/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.