Details for Benchmark: KV5149
N 40° 11.090 W 074° 02.473 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- BAR 1933
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (PCD)
BAR IS AN UNOCCUPIED STATION MARKED WITH A COPPER NAIL IN THE TOP OF A 2 BY 4 INCH STAKE DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND AT THE SW CORNER OF THE FILL FORMING THE SOUTHERLY FLATS OF THE SHARK RIVER HILLS COMPANY, INCORPORATED DEVELOPMENT.
REFERENCE MARKS CONSISTING OF BRASS HEADED SCREWS AND COPPER NAILS DRIVEN INTO PILES AND BULKHEAD ARE LOCATED AS SHOWN BELOW.
DISTANCES ARE TO THE CENTER OF THE BRASS SCREW HEAD.
HEIGHT OF SIGNAL ABOVE STATION MARK - 3 METERS.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (CAS)
RMS 1 AND 2 WERE RECOVERED, IN UNDETERMINED CONDITION. THEY ARE BRASS SCREWS IN THE TOPS OF BADLY WEATHERED AND CHECKED PILING IN THE WATER. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE PILINGS HAVE BEEN DISTURBED. THE STATION MARK, A NAIL IN A STAKE, WAS NOT RECOVERED.
THE STATION IS ACROSS THE ROAD FROM A SMALL SHARK RIVER HILLS WAR MEMORIAL PARK AND FLAG POLE, WITHIN THE FENCE OF A PRIVATE BEACH.
|08/09/1992 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1992 (JK)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.