Details for Benchmark: KV5335
N 40° 27.938 W 074° 15.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- CHEESQUAKE CREEK LIGHT
- Marker Type:
- navigation light
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (RWW)
THE SMALL AUTOMATIC LIGHT AT THE OUTER END OF THE W BREAKWATER (ROCK-FILL) OF CHEESEQUAKE CREEK ENTRANCE. THE CONCRETE BASE AND IRON SUPPORTING STRUCTURE ARE PAINTED RED AND WHITE.
THE STATION IS THE LIGHT APEX, APPROXIMATELY 20 FEET HIGH.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984 (BB)
STATION FOUND, NO CHANGES.
|01/01/1985 by B+OINC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY BARBER AND OYLER, INCORPORATED 1985 (KDB)
PUBLISHED IN COAST GUARD LIGHT LIST AS LIGHT NO. 1716.
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE CHEESEQUAKE RIVER FROM RARITAN BAY AT MORGAN, NEW JERSEY ON THE NORTH END OF A ROCK JETTY. THE STATION IS THE LIGHT MOUNTED ON THE TOP OF A SKELETON TOWER. A TR MARKER IS ATTACHED TO THE TOWER WITH THE NO. 2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.