Details for Benchmark: KV5500
N 40° 20.923 W 074° 39.559 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- PRINCETON U NASSAU HALL SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
STATION IS ON TOP OF NASSAU HALL, OLDEST BUILDING AT PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, FRONTS ON NASSAU STREET TOWARD W. BUILDING CONSTRUCTED OF RED SANDSTONE, 3 STORIES HIGH, IN SHAPE OF T WITH BELFRY AT CENTER. BELFRY WHITE WITH CLOCK NEAR TOP. MOUNTS A BLACK DOME AND CUPOLA ABOVE (WHITE) WITH GOLD BALL AND WEATHER VANE ARROW AT TOP. ABOUT 100 FEET FROM GROUND LEVEL. HIGH TREES ALL AROUND. ABOUT 200 FEET TO S PROPERTY LINE OF NASSAU STREET. FRONTS N TOWARD ARTHERSPOON AVENUE WHICH TS INTO NASSAU STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.