Details for Benchmark: KV5505
N 40° 20.834 W 074° 39.897 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- PRINCETON TRINITY CHURCH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
STATION IS ON U.S. HIGHWAY 31 OPPOSITE THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT PARK ON S SIDE OF HIGHWAY. SETS BACK FROM STREET ABOUT 125 FEET WITH LAWN IN FRONT.
CHURCH IS OF SANDSTONE WITH RED TRIM. LARGE TOWER IN CENTER WITH BELFRY WHICH MOUNTS AN OCTAGONAL SPIRE, WIDE AT BASE. BASE HAS FOUR SMALL PYRAMIDAL SPIRES. MAIN SPIRE TOP ABOUT 115 FEET FROM GROUND. AT TOP A WROUGHT IRON CROSS. ALL SPIRES ARE SLATE COVERED. CHIMES IN BELFRY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.