Details for Benchmark: KV5506
N 40° 20.433 W 074° 39.874 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- PRINCETON U CLEV HALL SE SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
STATION IS ABOUT 1/4 MILE E OF NASSAU STREET, ON S SIDE OF GOLF COURSE, IN S SIDE OF PRINCETON. LOCATED ABOUT 1/2 MILE S OF MAIN SCHOOL (PRINCETON).
CLEVELAND HALL BUILT OF NATIVE SANDSTONE, TRIMMED WITH LIMESTONE, AND IS VERY IMPOSING STRUCTURE. UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW TO E. HIDDEN FROM W.
SPIRE IS AT SE CORNER OF BUILDING. ABOUT 150 FEET HIGH, 40 FEET SQUARE. EACH CORNER MOUNTS A VERY ORNATE CUT STONE BELFRY, PROBABLY COPPER WORK AT PINNACLES, PAINTED GRAY. LIGHTNING ROD ON EACH PINNACLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.