Details for Benchmark: KV5791
N 40° 59.098 W 074° 44.815 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- ANDOVER MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE MUNICIPAL WATER TANK WHICH IS ON THE WESTERN OUTSKIRTS OF THE TOWN OF ANDOVER. IT IS A SLENDER ALUMINUM COLORED WATER TANK SET ON A 4-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE ABOUT 80 FEET HIGH. THE BALL AT THE APEX OF THE TANK WAS THE POINT OBSERVED UPON.
|01/01/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (LFV)
INTERSECTION STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. DESCRIPTION ADEQUATE AND CORRECT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.