Details for Benchmark: KV6256
N 40° 11.133 W 074° 00.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 853 2337 C TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|05/30/1989 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
IN BELMAR, NEAR THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF FIRST AVENUE AND A STREET, IN THE NORTHEAST SECTION OF BELMAR. THE STATION IS 1.21 M (3.97 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF FIRST AVENUE, 21.14 M (69.36 FT) WEST OF THE WEST CURBLINE OF A STREET, 9.7 M (31.8 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE PORCH CORNER OF HOUSE NUMBER 201 FIRST AVENUE AND 2.4 M (7.9 FT) WEST OF AN EAST WEST SIDEWALK. THE STATION IS RECESSED 0.02 M (0.07 FT) . ON A STAINLESS STEEL ROD DRIVEN 15.8 M (52 FT) TO REFUSAL AND ENCASED IN A PIPE FLUSH WITH GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.