Details for Benchmark: KV6259
N 40° 11.217 W 074° 01.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 853 2339 C TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Shark River Pirates couldn't find KV6259
Odds are this benchmark is gone. The bridge in Belmar for rt 35 has been completely removed and a new bridge has been constructed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|05/09/1989 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
THE STATION IS IN NEPTUNE CITY, ON THE NORTHEAST PIER OF THE STATE ROUTE 35 NORTH BRIDGE TO SHARK ISLAND. THE STATION IS 8.2 METERS WEST OF THE WEST TRACK OF THE NEW JERSEY TRANSIT LINE, 8.0 METERS SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL AND 0.54 METERS EAST OF THE BRIDGE RAILING.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.