Details for Benchmark: KV6261
N 40° 10.800 W 074° 01.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONMOUTH county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|05/09/1989 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
THE STATION IS IN BELMAR, AT THE TEE JUNCTION OF TENTH AVENUE AND RIVER ROAD, STATE ROUTE 35, IN THE TRAFFIC ISLAND EAST OF THE BELMAR MARINA. THE STATION IS 1.74 M (5.71 FT) NORTH FROM THE CURBLINE AT THE SOUTH END OF THE GRASSED TRAFFIC ISLAND, 10.6 M (34.8 FT) SOUTH SOUTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF A TRAFFIC SIGNAL, 2.54 M (8.33 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHEAST CURBLINE AND 1.73 M (5.68 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE NORTHWEST CURBLINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.