Details for Benchmark: KV6453
N 40° 20.883 W 074° 39.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|05/30/1990 by NJGS (POOR)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF PRINCTON ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY ROUTE 206 AND ROUTE 27, IN FRONT OF HOUSE NUMBER 8, 4.55 M (14.93 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF HOUSE NUMBER 8, 4.15 M (13.62 FT) WEST NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH END OF A FENCE, 1.15 M (3.77 FT) WEST OF THE CONCERTE CORNER OF A TRAFFIC SIGNAL, 8.85 M (29.04 FT) SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 27, 2.1 M (6.9 FT) WEST OF MILE POST 0 FOR ROUTE 27. THE STATION IS SET 0.03 M (0.10 FT) BELOW THE CHIPPED OUT NORTHWEST CORNER OF A DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION MANHOLE CONCRETE RIM. THE MONUMENT IS LEANING AND THE ELEVATION WAS ESTABLISHED ON THE HIGH POINT OF THE DISK.
|04/05/1995 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.