Details for Benchmark: KV6634
N 40° 33.607 W 074° 31.665 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- SC 218
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by NJ-035 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SOMERSET COUNTY NEW JERSEY 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF BOUND BROOK, ON THE WEST SIDE OF SOUTH MAIN STREET, COUNTY ROAD 527, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE SPANNING THE RARITAN RIVER, THE SOMERSET AND MIDDLESEX COUNTY LINE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S.HIGHWAY 22 AND MOUNTAIN AVENUE, COUNTY ROAD 527, IN BOUND BROOK BOROUGH, GO 2.3 KM (1.43 MI) SOUTHWEST ON MOUNTAIN AVENUE TO MAIN STREET, TURN LEFT AND GO 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) TO SOUTH MAIN STREET, COUNTY ROUTE 527, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.2 KM (0.12 MI) TO THE BRIDGE AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. IT IS 18.4 M (60.37 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A GRADE CROSSING SIGNAL, 13.2 M (43.31 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS, 4.7 M (15.42 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTH MAIN STREET CENTERLINE, 0.3 M (0.98 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE METAL BRIDGE BALUSTRADE AND 7.7 M (25.26 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTH END OF A 1.23 M (4.04 FT) HIGH, METAL PEDESTRIAN GUARD RAIL. THE STATION IS IN LINE AND LEVEL WITH THE SIDEWALK. DESCRIPTION BY NJGS RJK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.