Details for Benchmark: KV6665
N 40° 20.750 W 074° 38.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|11/04/1991 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN PRINCETON TOWNSHIP, ON THE EAST SIDE OF HARRISON STREET, COUNTY ROAD 629. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE HARRISON STREET BRIDGE OVER CARNEGIE LAKE, GO NORTHWEST ON HARRISON STREET FOR 0.20 MI (0.32 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS 0.45 M (1.48 FT) EAST FROM THE EAST CURBLINE OF HARRISON STREET, 5.10 M (16.73 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF HARRISON STREET, 28.2 M (92.5 FT) SOUTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF HARTLEY AVENUE, 3.15 M (10.33 FT) NORTH FROM A POLE WITH NO NUMBER, 1.60 M (5.25 FT) SOUTH SOUTHEAST FROM A DRILL HOLE IN THE CURB AND 10.3 M (33.8 FT) EAST NORTHEAST FROM A TWENTY FIVE SPEED LIMIT SIGN. THE STATION IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND THE CURB.
|05/25/1995 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (FAC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.