Details for Benchmark: KV6834
N 40° 47.659 W 074° 10.290 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 7 G 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1992 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TOWN OF BELLEVILLE ON THE GROUNDS OF THE FORMER COUNTY ISOLATION HOSPITAL, NOW ABANDONED. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF THE EXIT RAMP LEADING FROM THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AND BELLEVILLE AVENUE AT INTERCHANGE 149, GO 1.05 MI (1.69 KM) EAST SOUTHEAST ON BELLEVILLE AVENUE TO THE DRIVEWAY LEADING TO THE HOSPITAL, A 7 STORY CONSPICUOUS BRICK STRUCTURE. TURN LEFT AND 44 M (144.4 FT) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF THE EXIT RAMP LEADING FROM THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AND HOOVER AVENUE AT INTERCHANGE 150, GO 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) EAST SOUTHEAST ON HOOVER AVENUE TO THE TEE JUNCTION WITH JORALEMON STREET. TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) EAST ON JORALEMON STREET TO THE JUNCTION WITH FRANKLIN AVENUE. TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.65 MI (1.05 KM) SOUTH ON FRANKLIN AVENUE TO THE JUNCTION WITH BELLEVILLE AVENUE. TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) WEST ON BELLEVILLE AVENUE TO THE HOSPITAL DRIVE ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO 44 M (144.4 FT) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS 18.8 M (61.7 FT) NORTH FROM THE NORTH CORNER OF A RECTANGULAR CONCRETE SLAB FOR A WATER VALVE, 25.6 M (84.0 FT) EAST SOUTHEAST FROM POLE NUMBER 3881, 17.3 M (56.8 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTHEAST CURBLINE OF THE DRIVEWAY, 40.7 M (133.5 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE SOUTHEAST BRICK COLUMN AT THE DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE, 34.6 M (113.5 FT) SOUTH FROM POLE NUMBER 3882, 28.3 M (92.8 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A SMALL ORNAMENTAL TREE AND 27.0 M (88.6 FT) SOUTH FROM A MANHOLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.