Details for Benchmark: KV6855
N 40° 41.050 W 074° 16.543 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In UNION county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- KENNIL 2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NJDT (MONUMENTED)
|04/23/1992 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF KENNILWORTH AT THE EAST END OF A PEDESTRAIN BRIDGE OVER THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AT INTERCHANGE 138, GO NORTH ON THE EXIT RAMP FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE JUNCTION WITH GALLOPING HILL ROAD AND A TRAFFIC LIGHT. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON GALLOPING HILL ROAD FOR 0.1 MI, (0.2 KM) CROSSING THE BRIDGE OVER THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY, TO A SIDE ROAD ON THE RIGHT, IMMEDIATELY PAST THE BRIDGE, LEADING TO THE GALLOPING HILL GOLF COURSE. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW TH PAVED ROAD NORTH FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO THE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, SET FLUSH IN THE CONCRETE DECK. THE STATION IS 27.2 M (89.2 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE NORTH END OF THE BRIDGE AND 26.6 M (87.3 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE SOUTH END OF THE BRIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.