Details for Benchmark: KW0661
N 40° 16.717 W 076° 05.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
1.9 MI NE FROM REINHOLDS. IN BERKS COUNTY, ABOUT 1.9 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE READING CO. RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT REINHOLDS, LANCASTER COUNTY, AT CONCRETE BRIDGE 4.75, AND ON THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE NORTH HEAD WALL. A CHISELED SQUARE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.