Details for Benchmark: KW1135
N 40° 16.300 W 076° 51.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAUPHIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- HARRISBURG RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT HARRISBURG. AT HARRISBURG, AT THE CITY RESERVOIR, ON THE TOP OF A HIGH HILL, ON THE TOP OF A ROCK WALL, 131.1 FEET WEST OF THE STATION, 20 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A STREET AND ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.