Details for Benchmark: KW1138
N 40° 16.500 W 076° 51.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAUPHIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- T 155
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT HARRISBURG. AT HARRISBURG, 1.5 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 22 FROM THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE LARGE BRIDGE OVER THE RAILROAD TRACKS, SET IN THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHWEST HEADWALL OF A LARGE DRAINAGE CULVERT AT THE INTERSECTION OF NO. 22, 23RD AND HOFFMAN STREETS, 36.6 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 44 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF A RED BRICK HOUSE (NO. 2219), 26 FEET SOUTHWEST OF 23RD STREET. A STANDARD DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.