Details for Benchmark: KW1399
N 40° 51.833 W 076° 47.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NORTHUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
AT SUNBURY. AT SUNBURY, AT THE POST OFFICE, ABOUT 100 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, 40 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF NORTH THIRD STREET, IN THE LIMESTONE BASE OF THE EAST WALL OF THE BUILDING, 6 INCHES NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER, AND ABOUT 2.5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED SUNBURY 1934.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.