Details for Benchmark: KW1683
N 40° 31.017 W 077° 08.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PERRY county, PA View Original Datasheet
- J 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
2.3 MI SE FROM MILLERSTOWN. ABOUT 2.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATE HIGHWAY 17 BRIDGE OVER THE JUNIATA RIVER AT MILLERSTOWN, OR ABOUT 2.75 MILES NORTH ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE ABANDONED STATION AT NEWPORT, 89 FEET SOUTHWEST AND ACROSS THE TRACKS FROM MILEPOST 135, 12 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE WEST TRACK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A CULVERT, AND ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.