Details for Benchmark: KW1812
N 40° 28.067 W 077° 06.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PERRY county, PA View Original Datasheet
- C 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
1.3 MI SE FROM NEWPORT. ABOUT 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE ABANDONED STATION AT NEWPORT, 8 RAILS WEST OF MILEPOST 131, 40 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE SOUTH TRACK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE FLOOR OF A 10- BY 10-FOOT ROCK PUMP HOUSE, 2.2 FEET WEST OF THE PUMP, 33 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PAVED ROAD, AND ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.