Details for Benchmark: KW1815
N 40° 28.667 W 077° 07.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PERRY county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
0.1 MI SE FROM NEWPORT. ABOUT 0.1 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 34 FROM THE ABANDONED PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION AT NEWPORT, 103 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MARKET STREET WHICH IS STATE HIGHWAY 34, SET IN THE TOP OF A GRANITE LEDGE AT THE EAST CORNER OF THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK BUILDING, 14.8 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF 2ND STREET, 11 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING, 1.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A ROUND STONE PILLAR, AND 1.3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.