Details for Benchmark: KW1860
N 40° 23.717 W 077° 00.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAUPHIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 9 PRR
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
6.3 MI NW FROM DAUPHIN. ABOUT 6.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DAUPHIN, DAUPHIN COUNTY, ABOUT 180 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF CLARKS FERRY BRIDGE OVER THE SUSQUEHANNA RIVER, NEAR THE CENTER OF A LONG STONE RETAINING WALL EAST OF THE TRACK, ABOUT 356 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END, ABOUT 220 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE LIGHT AT A SWITCH, 5.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTH-BOUND TRACK, AND ON A SHELF AT THE SECOND COURSE OF ROCK ABOVE GROUND. A CHISELED SQUARE, MARKED BM NO 9.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.