Details for Benchmark: KW1865
N 40° 25.233 W 077° 00.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAUPHIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- AMITY RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT AMITY HALL. AT THE AMITY STATION SITE-- 95.81 FEET WEST OF THE STATION, 163 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE MEDIAN OF U.S. HIGHWAY 22 AND 322, 81 FEET (SLOPE DISTANCE) EAST OF THE CENTER OF MEDIAN OF U.S. HIGHWAY 11 AND 15, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST, FLUSH, AND IS ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE STATION.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.