Details for Benchmark: KW1881
N 40° 21.117 W 077° 12.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PERRY county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 471 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1903 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
3.1 MI NW FROM SHERMANSDALE. 1.9 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY NO. 34 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SHERMANSDALE, THENCE 1.2 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY NO. 850, AT THE INTERSECTION OF NO. 850 AND THE SIDE ROAD LEADING NORTH, SET IN THE NORTHWEST FACE AT THE WEST CORNER OF THE OLD MILL, 4.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE WEST CORNER OF BUILDING, 3.5 FEET EAST OF THE GASOLINE PUMP, 3 FEET ABOVE GROUND LEVEL. A STANDARD U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY DISK SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.