Details for Benchmark: KW1965
N 40° 00.567 W 077° 12.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- RV 21 RDGRR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RDGRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2.8 MI N FROM BENDERSVILLE. 2.8 MILES NORTH ALONG THE READING CO. RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT BENDERSVILLE, ADAMS COUNTY, AT THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 34, AT THE NORTH END OF BRIDGE 16+66, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE ABUTMENT, AND 7 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.