Details for Benchmark: KW1968
N 40° 01.883 W 077° 12.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- T 100
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
1.1 MI S FROM GOODYEAR. IN ADAMS COUNTY, ABOUT 1.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE READING CO. RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT GOODYEAR, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, ABOUT 135 FEET NORTH OF POLE 13+35, AT A COUNTRY-ROAD CROSSING, 32 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, 12 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE EAST-AND-WEST ROAD, AT A 3-BY 3-FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, AND IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE WEST HEAD WALL. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED T 100 1935.
|1/1/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.