Details for Benchmark: KW1976
N 40° 04.817 W 077° 11.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- RV 12 RDGRR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RDGRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2.3 MI S FROM MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS. 2.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE READING CO. RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, 126 FEET NORTH OF THE WATER TANK AT HUNTERS RUN, AT THE NORTH END OF BRIDGE 9+63, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH CONCRETE WING WALL, AND 16 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET. NOTE-- THE MARK IS 114 FEET SW OF CENTER LINE OF RR CROSSING AND CROSSING IS 0.8 FEET HIGHER, 60 FEET NE OF E CORNER OF BUILDING AND CORNER IS 0.5 FEET HIGHER. 11 FEET NW OF TOP OF NEAR RAIL AND RAIL IS 1.1 FEET HIGHER.
|01/01/1952 by USE (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1952
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.