Details for Benchmark: KW1978
N 40° 06.250 W 077° 10.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- RV 11 RDGRR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RDGRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
0.4 MI S FROM MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS. 0.4 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE READING CO. RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, ABOUT 329 FEET NORTH OF THE UPPER MILL SIDING SIGN, AT THE NORTH END OF THE BRIDGE 7+80, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE CONCRETE RETAINING WALL, AND 10 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET. NOTE-- THE MARK IS 148 FEET W OF NW CORNER OF BUILDING AND CORNER IS 1.2 FEET HIGHER. 108 FEET NNW OF SW CORNER OF BUILDING AND CORNER IS 1.4 FEET LOWER. 4.9 FEET W OF W RAIL AND RAIL IS 1.2 FEET HIGHER. 55 FEET S OF N END OF CONCRETE RETAINING WALL AND WALL IS 0.9 FEET LOWER. 95 FEET N OF S ABUTMENT ON W SIDE OF TRACK OF BR. 7+80 AND ELEVATION 0.8 FEET HIGHER.
|01/01/1952 by USE (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1952
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.