Details for Benchmark: KW1979
N 40° 06.700 W 077° 11.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- RV 10 RDGRR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RDGRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS. AT MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, ABOUT 910 FEET SOUTH OF THE READING CO. RAILWAY STATION, ABOUT 54 YARDS NORTH OF POLE 7+10, AT A BRIDGE, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE CONCRETE RETAINING WALL, AND 8 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF TRACK. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET. NOTE-- THE MARK IS 6 FEET W OF W RAIL AND RAIL IS 0.2 FEET HIGHER. 290 FEET S OF R.R. CROSSING AND R.R. IS 2.3 FEET LOWER. 239 FEET W OF HIGHWAY 34 AND HIGHWAY IS 8.0 FEET LOWER.
|01/01/1952 by USE (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1952
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.