Details for Benchmark: KW2037
N 40° 02.583 W 077° 10.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- E 163
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.3 MI E FROM GOODYEAR. ABOUT 2.1 MILES EAST ALONG ROAD NO. 21030 FROM THE READING CO. RAILROAD STATION AT GOODYEAR, THENCE, ABOUT 0.2 MILE ALONG ROAD NO. 01012, 36 FT. WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A CROSS ROAD, 23 FT. WEST OF THE SOUTH END OF A HEDGE, 19.5 FT. NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF ROAD NO. 01012, 1.3 FT. SOUTH OF A WHITE POST STENCILED U.S.B.M., A STANDARD DISK SET IN A CONCRETE POST IN THE SOUTH-EAST CORNER OF A YARD. NOTE-- THE MARK IS 35 FEET WEST OF CENTER LINE OF N-S ROAD AND ROAD IS 2.6 FT. LOWER. 50 FT. EAST OF LONE PINE TREE AND TREE IS 4.1 FT. HIGHER. 18.8 FT. N OF CENTER LINE E-W ROAD, AND ROAD IS 0.4 FT. LOWER. 10.5 FT. SW OF CENTER LINE OF CEDAR TREE.
|01/01/1952 by USE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1952
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.