Details for Benchmark: KW2039
N 40° 02.467 W 077° 07.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- G 163
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||TakeMeOutdoors found KW2039
Found in fine shape, just sitting there soaking up the sun where it has been for decades!
[Photos:]KW2039 - looking NE - October 27, 2014
KW2039 - facing SW - October 27, 2014
KW2039 - October 27, 2014
||Jack216 found KW2039
Found on my way to work this morning, right down the street from my house.
||Ernmark found KW2039
Recovered in good condition - coordinates were exact.
Mark is 13 feet S of centerline of Latimore Rd. and 70 feet WSW of centerline of Strayer Road running ESE..
[Photos:]G 163 (KW2039) disk - Adams County, PA
G 163 (KW2039) area - view looking WSW
||Ghosthunter found KW2039
I found this benchmark with no difficulty. It’s as described, exactly where it’s supposed to be. The benchmark is green in color, with marred finish at the top of the dome. It is still readable. Coordinates and directions are adequate for recovery.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
4.5 MI E FROM GOODYEAR. ABOUT 2.1 MILES EAST ALONG ROAD NO. 21030 FROM THE READING CO. RAILROAD STATION AT GOODYEAR, THENCE, ABOUT 2.4 MILES EAST ALONG ROAD NO. 01012, 70 FT. SOUTH-WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A ROAD RUNNING EAST, 13 FT. SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF ROAD NO. 01012, A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE CENTER OF THE SOUTH HEAD WALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT. NOTE-- THE MARK IS 120 FEET SW OF SW CORNER OF HOUSE AND CORNER IS 7.9 FEET HIGHER. 12 FEET SSE OF CENTER LINE OF ROAD AND ROAD IF 0.5 FEET LOWER.
|1/1/1952 by USE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1952
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.