Details for Benchmark: KW2068
N 40° 01.417 W 077° 14.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- J 164
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
1.6 MI SW FROM GOODYEAR. 1.6 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE READING COMPANY RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT GOODYEAR, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, THENCE 0.2 MILE NORTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD, THENCE 0.4 MILE WEST ALONG A PAVED ROAD, AND THENCE 0.5 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG COON ROAD, 15 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, AT A LARGE BRICK HOUSE, IN THE TOP OF THE ROCK WALL BETWEEN THE HOUSE, AND THE ROAD, 28.2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE, 11.4 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE WALL WHICH IS THE EAST SIDE OF THE CONCRETE STEPS. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED J 164 1942.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.